Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

Hi All and I hope you all got brekky in bed and a nice flower from your families!
Since last week I have been down to Donnybrook to visit my friends there and back to Sth Yunderup and caught up with my patchworking friends and done my "duty" in the patchwork shop in Pinjarra. Spent a lovely day sewing with them all, and they have made the most beautiful quilt that is being raffled for charity on the June long weekend when it is WA's Foundation day holiday.
I took a photo of it but have finally worked out how to put the photos in the text! And I forgot to add it here so I may send you an extra blog with the quilt in it.
In the meantime, here is Mum nearly 97, and my sisters and brother in law and I took her out to lunch for Mothers Day, after she had been to church. We had a bit of a mix up with where we wanted to take her so ended up at the Vasse Hotel, we ordered fish and chips,which was terrific i might add, but oh God the size of the serves! Still Mum ploughed threw hers. She is pretty good on the tooth! I thought i was going to burst! we didn't have dessert thats for sure!. sunday evening I drove back up to Rob and Carols' in Applecross to stay the night before catching my plane to Melbourne and back to my Doig's donga!
When I checked in, early, as I am wont to do, the computer offered me an earlier flight, so I grabbed it. Went up to the qantas Club in Perth and who should I run into? but some old medical rep friends from my working days ! that was great, we had a good time catching up on my travels, and what they were doing these days, still same old same old, and then we were all on the same plane to Melbourne. Rick and his co worker were going over for a footy match tonight and then work meetings during the week. It was beaut seeing him, and he promised me he would call me to go out for a meal. ( He's gorgeous but a bit young for me!) Lucky i didn't invite him to read my blog! No, we were good friends when I was working, and he was marvellous to our hospital.
Then to crown off the trip, I get back to Doigs donga and get a place on the caravan park to move to , and no battery! I'm like - oh no! Ring rac run around with a torch, go over to the office to see if some one can jump start me! you know the deal! and while I am on the phone, on hold of course, i thought I would give it another go. guess what? it started! I forgot I have to put my foot on the brake before it will turn over! what a dill! lucky the guy came back on the phone and i said I was right. But really! I am such an idiot! So now I am all unpacked back into my little home, and ready to roll. after I do some shopping tomorrow. Hope the fridge will be cold by then, the weather here is so cold I just opened a bottle of white wine and it was ready to drink!
Any way that's all for now and I will keep you updated as doigs donga and I go on our merry way!
love to you all
vicki
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got those photos in the right places. And even more glad that you got the motorhome going. You certainly didn't need a flat battery to go back to.
    It sounds like you have had a good day.
    Happy travels
    Carol & Rob

    ReplyDelete