Sunday, May 22, 2011

Go the Dockers!!

Hi to you all,
The significance of the heading will become clear shortly! I had a good run over to SA from Victoria, I have now travelled over most of the roads there are between the 2 cities! I came into Tailrm Bend early and stopped as the weather was getting "dirty". So I had  an early run into adelaide and got to the caravan park of choice whuch was in Marion.  I thought I would go shopping and asked the park person on duty, " how far to Marion Shopping centre?" he said 2 sets of lights, about 10 mins. So off i trotted. 1 set of traffic lights, 2 s o t l, 3 s o t l, 4 sol, and i am getting tired and it has taken me 25 mins! I see a big building and go " thank you God" cos it was finally there! So I shopped til I dropped and caught a taxi back! Sat morning , (last), I drove into Melrose Park for a patchwork class that I booked in March  very good at a fab patchwork shop, lots of great fabrics! You will be pleased to know , I only bought i half metre of sorely needed fabric for the workshop! Any way we have lots of homework to do before we meet on June 4th to finish it.
My good friends Adele and Geoff who I went on the Murray houseboat with, sort of invited me to come to stay, So I did! and Geoff and I went to AAMI Stadium to se Port ADelaide, (geoffs team) play the Dockers (my team). Geoff is a serious cardholding member of Port , and he got me a seat next to him in the NOrth Grandstand! There I was (picture this!) 1 purple red and green jacketed, lady, me. and 100's of Teal and black and white wearing Port Thunder screaming members  and the Dockers won! I gave 2 little hand claps at every Dockers goal or point, and 1 smaller clap for Port! I kept myself very restrained and didn't scream and shout like I wanted to. Even when the Port member behind me was kicking the back of my chair through the whole first quarter. I wasn't sure whether it was excitiement or because of my purple jacket! At half time i moved to the row in front where ther were plenty of empty seats, I loved every minute of the game and will try and get to more Dockers games if I can. I am now officially not a virgin AFL follower, having attended my first game. My friend Geoff was very quiet through the game and I flt quite bad to be a guest in their home and my team had just thrashed his! The bus ride home was very subdued, as once again I was th eonly person on the bus in purple. I never quite feared for my life, as I am sure Geoff would have done the gentlemanly thing should I have been attacked, but I was glad he was with me! Now I finished up the weekend, going to craft with Adele, and getting her set up with her Finches Nest Patchwork tablecloth kit she bought in Geraldton in 2008, on our Round Australia Cruise, which is where we met. I also started her off on hand quilting english paper piecing hexagons! Adele is a bit like me, she has lots of crafts on the go at once!
So thats all from me, I am still heading off to Yorke Peninsula, soon, but only after Adele takes me to a nearby patchwork shop, and a papercrafts shop, and Spotlight! Oh Dear! Love to you all once more,
Vicki
Ps sorry no photos,this week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Vicki,
    Glad to hear all your updates. Just heard that you are heading to Dorrigo again this year. Unfortunately I can't get there as hubbie and I are going to Europe and only get back the day that it starts. Hopefully, one day you will get to Sydney and we can catch up. I have been busy sewing the fabric that I bought home from my quilting trip to America last year and I am loving it. Take care and keep the travel stories going. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicki

    It has been interesting reading your stories from SA, my old stamping grounds. I also remember how cold it can get this time of the year, and don't envy you that part. You sound to be enjoying yourself as usual, just keep it up, and keep posting. Luv Bev

    ReplyDelete